1. Connect the Fire Stick to TV and power.
2. Go to Settings at the top.
3. Select Network.
4. Select your home Wi-Fi network.
5. Enter the network password.
6. Select Connect.
Connect the Amazon Fire Stick to your TV. The Amazon Fire Stick connects directly to an HDMI port on the back of your TV. Turn on your TV and make sure you have the correct source input is selected.
Connect the Fire Stick to power. Make sure the Fire Stick's micro-USB power cord is plugged into the Fire Stick and the other end of the USB cord is attached to the included power adapter and plugged into an open power outlet. If your TV has an open USB port, you can plug it into the TV directly instead of using the included adapter.
- Use the included adapter and plug the Fire Stick directly into a power outlet on the wall if you see a message saying the Fire Stick is getting insufficient power.
Select Settings. Use the directional buttons on the remote to go to the very top of the Home screen, then select "Settings" which is at the far-right of the options at the very top of the screen.
- Press the Home button on the controller to go to the Home menu if you aren't already on the main Home screen. It's the button with the outline of a house on it.
Select Network. It's the second option in the menu with the icon of three curved lines that resemble a Wi-Fi signal. Use the directional buttons on the remote to go down and to the right to highlight the "Network" option in yellow, then press the Select button in the center of the remote. The Fire Stick will automatically start scanning for nearby networks.
Select your preferred network. As soon as you see the name of your home network in the list of nearby networks, use the directional buttons on the remote to highlight it in yellow, and then press the Select button in the center of the remote to select it.
- If you don't see your preferred network, select "Rescan" at the bottom of the list.
- If you preferred network is hidden, select "Join Other Network" at the bottom of the list and manually type the name of the network you want to connect to.
Enter the Wi-Fi network password. If your network has a password, use the remote to navigate the on-screen keyboard and type the password for your Wi-Fi network.
- If your home network is not password protected, it will attempt to connect automatically.
Select Connect. It's in the lower-right corner of the on-screen keyboard. The Fire Stick will then connect to your home Wi-Fi network. Once the Fire Stick is connected it will say "Connected" below the network's name on the list of nearby networks.
- You can press the Home button on the remote to return to the Fire Stick's Home screen.